FREE Worldwide Shipping for all Unfilled SMARTY orders! 💸
*Some local sales tax/duty charges may apply.
Please give us up to one week to get your order out the door, and transit time should take a maximum of about 2 weeks depending on your location. You will receive tracking info via email when your order ships out.
Save on shipping, materials, and labor with the unfilled SMARTY Kid!
SMARTY Kid - Product Details
This SMARTY Kid features all the same design improvements as the standard-size SMARTY 2.0, just scaled down in size!
The SMARTY Kid is modeled after roughly a 4’9'' (145 cm) human shape with an average build. If it were a human, it would weigh roughly 77 lbs (35 kg). This is the size of the average 11-year-old. It is our smallest model, made to fit most kids.
For average-size grapplers, check out the Unfilled SMARTY 2.0.
For larger grapplers, check out the Unfilled SMARTY XL.
Once filled, the SMARTY Kid should weigh about 28-33 lbs (13-15 kg). We’ve found this to be the optimal weight for resistance and maneuverability. We recommend filling it with recycled fabric and a bit of polyester stuffing in the feet and hands (see instructions below).
If you would like to suit it up, we recommend the size A1 Gi for most brands (loose fit recommended).
SMARTY XL - Filling Instructions
Check out the video at the bottom of the front page of our website for our detailed recommended filling procedure!
How to Fill Your Grappling SMARTY
(Scroll to bottom)
The video features the Original SMARTY, but the procedure is the same for the SMARTY Kid.
Once received, just fill it with about 30 lbs (14 kg) of used fleece, light cotton, or polyester fabric. Avoid thicker materials such as jeans, corduroy, used gis, or towels.
Options to find recycled fabric:
- Empty your drawers of old t-shirts, sweaters, bed sheets, or baby clothing and cut them up into rag-size pieces.
- Buy used clothing by the lb/kg at your local thrift store.
- Buy pre-cut rags online by searching for “buy rags online [your country]”.
- Visit your local tailor(s) and ask if they have fabric scraps to give or sell.
- Empty an old punching bag, or purchase a cheap one to use the stuffing.
- Sacrifice an old “dumb” grappling dummy and give it a new life as a Grappling SMARTY!
Additionally, we recommend about 2 lbs of “Poly-Fill” (or polyester stuffing) for the feet and hands to make the extremities lighter for more realistic grip fighting. You can usually find this easily on Amazon or by searching for “buy polyester stuffing online [your country]”.
Want to avoid all that trouble?
Check out the Pre-Filled SMARTY Kid, save time by letting our team of professionals fill it perfectly for you and deliver it to your doorstep, ready to roll!
SMARTY Kid – Functionality
Check out the video on the front page of our website to understand exactly why the Grappling SMARTY is the best grappling dummy ever designed, and how we made it even better with version 2.0!
In a nutshell:
✅ We developed the Original Grappling SMARTY out of sheer frustration with the options on the market, all the other “dumb” dummies have no guard!
✅ The SMARTY’s patented design is the only one to feature a proper grappling stance with knees above the hip line and elbows in front of the body.
✅ This revolutionary design allows the SMARTY to be stable in the Seated, Turtle, and Supine Positions, allowing you to practice any situation or technique realistically from top or bottom!
✅ With the redesign of the SMARTY 2.0, we applied all the valuable customer feedback we received about the original design and even went above and beyond with some awesome new innovations!
Benefits of training with the Grappling SMARTY:
- Practice realistically anywhere, anytime, for as long as you want!
- No need to give the SMARTY a turn drilling on you!
- Put in the reps to learn new techniques, follow instructionals, or simply develop your muscle memory, precision, and speed for the techniques you’ve learned in class!
- Improve your strength in finishing mechanics for optimal joint breaks and powerful strangulations – something you shouldn’t do on people!
- Practice full-force ground & pound and powerful slams!
- Develop grappling-specific cardio!
- Super tough and heavy-duty materials to enjoy years of training!
- Waterproof material – easy to clean!
- [Optional] Enjoy even more functionality to practice Striking, Wrestling entries, as well as new aspects of your Grappling bottom game with the SMARTY Harness!
Disclaimer: of course, you ALSO need to spar and roll with qualified human training partners for optimal skill development. But the SMARTY is a game-changer for drilling, and drillers make killers 💪
We have completely disrupted the grappling dummy market with the Grappling SMARTY, and we’ve done it again with the SMARTY 2.0 & Kid!
Over 5000 SMARTY products sold to happy customers around the world 😃
All our SMARTY products are made from the toughest materials available on the market today, heavy-duty vinyl (easy cleaning) with 4-ply, polyester-nylon thread and a double-stitch on every seam.
We stand by our products 100%. If there is ever any issue, please simply reach out to us via email and we will make it right for you.
This will be one of the best investments you'll ever make for your grappling progression.
Thanks again to all our valued customers, you are awesome.
It's a true honor to serve you.
Looking forward to reading your review!
Inventor of the Grappling SMARTY
Excellent product and excellent customer service. First item was lost in shipping. New one was sent by a different carrier with no problem.
The kids size is sooo hard to fill due to the size of the arms and legs being small compared to my arm. 4 days later and it’s half way filled. Definitely buy it filled especially the kids one. The quality is like no other and the way it stays in place is just what my son needed. Great job on the design
Thanks for the kind feedback, Rami, and happy we were able to find a solution for you.
Hope your son enjoys his new SMARTY Kid! - Patrick
This dummy is actually teaching me how to play guard haha the smarty 2.0 is awesome. I’m Asian adult 5’3 so the smarty kid is just fine for me.
Haha... that's great! Have fun :)
Grand daughters loved it and named it Ian.
Thanks! Happy Ian could help :)
Good product and high quality
Thanks! Enjoy :)